In an attempt to deflect attention from his mounting legal woes, Bill Cosby released an upbeat video to promote his ongoing comedy tour.
In the short video released to Good Morning America, Cosby, 77, looks to be wearing satin pajamas while talking on the phone about an upcoming comedy concert in West Virginia.
He announces the time of the show and adds, “You know I will be hilarious.” He also says he “can’t wait.”
This is the first time that Cosby has gone in front of a camera since the sexual assault allegations against him began to surface.
Over the last year, more than 30 women have made claims against the comedian. Three women – Tamara Green, Linda Joy Traitz and Therese Serignese – have filed a defamation suit against Cosby.
Last month, Cosby filed a motion to dismiss the case.
Though some comedy concerts have been canceled, Cosby has remained on his tour. He has three appearances scheduled for this month in both Wheeling and Charlotte, West Virginia, as well as a show in Baltimore. In May, he will continue with his tour in Atlanta.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive