Investigators are on the scent of murder following the death of a dog who collapsed shortly after competing in one of the world’s most prominent dog shows this week.
Jagger, a 3-year-old Irish red setter who competed at the Crufts dog show in Birmingham, England, collapsed and died at his home in Belgium only 24 hours after getting second place in his category, according to the Telegraph. One of the Jagger’s owners, Aleksandra Lauwers, claims a veterinarian’s investigation suggests the dog was poisoned.
“I am convinced it happened at the dog show. There wasn’t any other opportunity. It looked like an act of jealousy,” Lauwers said. Other dog owners at the competition with sick animals believed their pets to be poisoned as well, The Telegraph reports.
The Kennel Club, which runs the dog show, said it’s “deeply shocked and saddened” by the death. The club is waiting for a toxicology report from Belgian officials.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow