Rapper and entrepreneur Will.i.am warned in a new interview that the world will need “new morals” to deal with the advent of 3-d printed humans.
The Black Eyed Peas founder predicted that the technology will exist within “our lifetime,” in an interview with Denizen magazine, and will push “humanity to have to adhere to new responsibilities.”
“New morals, new laws and new codes are going to have to be implemented,” he said. “Humans – as great as we are – are pretty irresponsible. Ask the planet. Ask the environment.”
3-D printing technology has been used to create human organs in the recent years—a development that Will.i.am says suggests that printing a full human is around the corner.
Will.i.am, once of the Black Eyed Peas, serves as the creative director of a 3-D printing company.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk