A humorous photo of Hillary Clinton reading on a Blackberry served as the former Secretary of State’s Twitter avatar for more than a year after she left the State Department.
But on Sunday, less than a week since news broke of the Clinton email controversy, the likely 2016 Democratic presidential candidate has changed the photo.
Her new avatar is a female silhouette with text that includes the web address of No Ceilings, a group that fights for equal rights for women. Clinton announced the move on Twitter as an attempt “to raise awareness on how far we’ve come in reaching equal rights.”
Clinton’s Twitter header photo remains an image of her checking her Blackberry aboard a plane. Before Clinton adopted the iconic photo—taken by Diana Walker on assignment for TIME—it had been the inspiration for the internet meme “Texts from Hillary.”
Chelsea Clinton, daughter of Bill and Hillary, also changed her avatar Sunday to support equal rights for women.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time