Unfinished Business looks set to leave a stain on the balance sheet at 20th Century Fox.
The Vince Vaughn comedy took in an abysmal $4.8 million to open in 10th place in this weekend’s box office, the Hollywood Reporter reports, while the robot movie Chappie took first place in a lousy weekend at the box office with a lackluster $13.3 million.
The poor opening for Unfinished Business was one of the worst of Vaughn’s career and followed widespread panning by critics — it currently has a 13% rating on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes — and a tepid response from audiences. Chappie, which stars Hugh Jackman and Dev Patel also received poor reviews.
Overall, this weekend’s earnings were down nearly 40% compared with the same weekend last year.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This