Adam Sandler picked a fight with hospital bed-bound Bob Barker that turned into a rematch of their infamous Happy Gilmore brawl. The two claim to have not spoken in years, but they pick up right where they left off in the 1996 golf comedy, tossing barbs and heckling each other like old frenemies.
But Barker and Sandler didn’t throw down for fun. It was all for a good cause — a fundraiser for autism services. Specifically, Comedy Central’s Night of Too Many Stars, which airs March 8 and features a crop of talent that helps the benefit live up to its name including Louis C.K., John Oliver, Chris Rock, Amy Schumer, Maya Rudolph, Jon Stewart, Jim Gaffigan, Sarah Silverman, Steve Buscemi, Steve Carell and many more.
To see how Sandler and Barker’s fight club has matured, here’s the original Happy Gilmore brawl:
Night of Too Many Stars airs Sunday, March 8 at 8/7c on Comedy Central.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate