Adam Sandler picked a fight with hospital bed-bound Bob Barker that turned into a rematch of their infamous Happy Gilmore brawl. The two claim to have not spoken in years, but they pick up right where they left off in the 1996 golf comedy, tossing barbs and heckling each other like old frenemies.
But Barker and Sandler didn’t throw down for fun. It was all for a good cause — a fundraiser for autism services. Specifically, Comedy Central’s Night of Too Many Stars, which airs March 8 and features a crop of talent that helps the benefit live up to its name including Louis C.K., John Oliver, Chris Rock, Amy Schumer, Maya Rudolph, Jon Stewart, Jim Gaffigan, Sarah Silverman, Steve Buscemi, Steve Carell and many more.
To see how Sandler and Barker’s fight club has matured, here’s the original Happy Gilmore brawl:
Night of Too Many Stars airs Sunday, March 8 at 8/7c on Comedy Central.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This