Daniel von Bargen, a character actor who played dozens of roles in movies and on television, including the lazy boss Mr. Kreger on Seinfeld, has died. He was 64, and his death was confirmed by his friend, actor Bob Colonna.
Von Bargen passed away Sunday after a long illness, Cincinnati TV station reports.
The character actor starred as Commandant Edwin Spangler on Malcolm in the Middle, as well as Mr. Kruger, George Costanza’s lazy boss, on season nine of Seinfeld. He also played a Southern cop chasing down George Clooney’s character in the Coen brothers’ film O Brother, Where Art Thou?
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Eliana Dockterman at email@example.com