Have you ever found yourself wondering what it would look like if the X-Men trained at Royal Tenenbaum’s Harlem mansion? Or if Max Fischer was expelled from Rushmore and enrolled in Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters? Have you secretly hoped that Wes Anderson would take the reins of The Avengers franchise? Then this video is for you.
Patrick Willems just debuted a new fan film on his YouTube channel, and it attempts to answer the burning question on every Grand Budapest Hotel fan’s lips: What would it be like if Wes Anderson directed an X-Men movie? (That’s the question, because we already know what it would look like if Anderson directed Star Wars.)
The result is a very symmetrical, red-and-gold-filled film that plunks the Marvel mutants into a world of privileged prodigies with poor social skills. In short, it’s pretty great, if a little rough around the edges.
(h/t Bleeding Cool)
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement