Have you ever found yourself wondering what it would look like if the X-Men trained at Royal Tenenbaum’s Harlem mansion? Or if Max Fischer was expelled from Rushmore and enrolled in Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters? Have you secretly hoped that Wes Anderson would take the reins of The Avengers franchise? Then this video is for you.
Patrick Willems just debuted a new fan film on his YouTube channel, and it attempts to answer the burning question on every Grand Budapest Hotel fan’s lips: What would it be like if Wes Anderson directed an X-Men movie? (That’s the question, because we already know what it would look like if Anderson directed Star Wars.)
The result is a very symmetrical, red-and-gold-filled film that plunks the Marvel mutants into a world of privileged prodigies with poor social skills. In short, it’s pretty great, if a little rough around the edges.
(h/t Bleeding Cool)
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org