The clever folks who brought us “honest trailers” for movies like Gone Girl and Love Actually have a new target. This time, the Screen Junkies have offered its honest, snarky take on The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1.
“From the studio who’s casually redefined the word trilogy comes The Hunger Games like you’ve never seen them before… Hunger Game-less,” the voiceover guy begins. “If you thought half a short book wouldn’t have enough plot to carry a two-hour movie, you were right.”
The main criticism here is that basically nothing happens and the movie is full of filler (like Katniss repeating “President Snow? It’s Katniss” over and over.)
Oh, and according to this trailer, the whole movie is basically just watching Katniss “do everything she can to not cooperate” while moaning about her fake boyfriend who she disregarded until he gave her a ball.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy