Greendale is missing a few old faces in the new trailer for Community (like Yvette Nicole Brown’s Shirley and Donald Glover’s Troy), but Yahoo wants fans to know they should expect more of the material they already love in the reboot of the former NBC comedy.
The new preview for season six, which parodies the pace and drama of action trailers, doesn’t try to fool viewers into thinking everything will be the same. “You wanted to save Greendale,” a narrator says early on, “but you didn’t want it to change.” Moments later, a white woman called “new Shirley” (Paget Brewster as Frankie Dart) makes her entrance. Clearly concessions have been made, but it seems Yahoo has found a clever way to address the shift.
The reboot marks Yahoo’s biggest move into original programming so far, but unlike its streaming competitor Netflix, Community season six will roll out one week at a time like network television. That means bingeing won’t be an option when the show returns on March 17.
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?