Last week, Schilling sent out a tweet congratulating his daughter, Gabby, who will be a member of the softball team at Salve Regina University in Newport, RI next year.
On Sunday, Schilling published a blog post detailing how he received many vulgar and sexually explicit responses about his daughter. Schilling posted screencaps of several of the tweets, focusing on two of the men in particular and giving identifying features.
The Dennis and Callahan Show of WEEI later identified one of the men as Yankees employee Sean MacDonald.
The team’s director of communications, Jason Zillo, told NJ Advance Media that MacDonald was hired in January and had worked about 18 hours over four days so far before being fired on Monday.
“We have zero tolerance for anything like this,” Zillo said. “We’ve terminated him.”
In his blog post, Schilling explained why he decided to screencap and call out the people who sent the tweets.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer