When it comes to online advertising, it’s hard to get an audience to stick around to see what product is being advertised. That’s particularly true for those ads that force you to watch for five seconds, before letting you skip and get on with watching your skateboarding cat video. Geico has come up with an ingenious solution to that problem: make an ad that you won’t want to skip.
The company’s latest campaign features a series of ads that run for less than five seconds and puts the product right up front, meaning you can’t skip it. But Geico takes it a step further and actually rewards viewers with an ad that is simple, funny, and watchable and thus, really effective.
While the solution seems obvious, it’s hard to engage today’s jaded consumers and Geico has managed it.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World