Conservative grassroots darling Dr. Ben Carson is formally exploring a bid for president in 2016, the Wall Street Journal reports.
Carson, a former neurosurgeon and author, has formed an official committee to raise money for a potential campaign. Although he has no experience as an elected politician—or perhaps because of it—he has already won the favor of some conservative voters; at last week’s Conservative Political Action Conference, Carson ranked fourth in the straw poll.
The Gifted Hands author has also made a number of strategic hires as of late, picking up staff members for a potential campaign in early caucus states like South Carolina and Iowa.
Read more at the Wall Street Journal.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer