Xiaomi unveiled its first action camera on Monday, and it beats the entry-level GoPro Hero on both price and specs.
The Yi Camera, which will be available in only China, is on sale for 399RMB ($64), about half the price of the $130 GoPro Hero, The Verge reports. The Yi Camera has a 16-megapixel camera that can record 60 frames per second. That trumps the GoPro Hero’s five-megapixel camera, which can record only 30 frames per second.
While the word’s still out on how the Yi Camera feels during real-life use, its launch is Xiaomi’s latest step beyond the smartphone market, which previously included smart TVs and fitness bands. Xiaomi doesn’t sell its products in the U.S. yet, but it’s planning to open an online shop focused on non-mobile phone products for the American market.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time