Xiaomi unveiled its first action camera on Monday, and it beats the entry-level GoPro Hero on both price and specs.
The Yi Camera, which will be available in only China, is on sale for 399RMB ($64), about half the price of the $130 GoPro Hero, The Verge reports. The Yi Camera has a 16-megapixel camera that can record 60 frames per second. That trumps the GoPro Hero’s five-megapixel camera, which can record only 30 frames per second.
While the word’s still out on how the Yi Camera feels during real-life use, its launch is Xiaomi’s latest step beyond the smartphone market, which previously included smart TVs and fitness bands. Xiaomi doesn’t sell its products in the U.S. yet, but it’s planning to open an online shop focused on non-mobile phone products for the American market.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption