It’s so cold not even Lady Gaga can help heat things up!
The pop star (and Julie Andrew’s new friend) showed up at Lake Michigan on Sunday to participate in the Chicago Polar Plunge, an event to raise money for the local chapter of the Special Olympics.
Gaga – fresh off her extraordinary performance of “The Sound of Music” at last Sunday’s Oscars – entered the frigid waters on the shoulders of her fiancé Taylor Kinney, who was also taking part in the event.
She wasn’t the only celebrity to take the plunge – four of Kinney’sChicago Fire co-stars (David Eigenberg, Randy Flagler, Jon Seda and Brian Geraghty) took the plunge as well. So did Vince Vaughn, who agreed to serve as the guest of honor after a successful social media campaign began on Twitter with the hashtag #VinnyDippin.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org