Fifty Shades of Grey actress Dakota Johnson pulled on her comedy roots this weekend for her first Saturday Night Live hosting gig.
The star of the erotic romance novel-turned-film joked in her monologue that “I have a feeling at next year’s Oscars, [Fifty Shades] is going to be … not anywhere.” The actress also once again begged her mother Melanie Griffith to see the film.
The episode, featuring musical guest Alabama Shakes, also showed Johnson in a contentious parody of a Toyota Camry ad, in which she plays a fresh high school graduate heading off to join ISIS.
Watch her opening monologue below:
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy