Fifty Shades of Grey actress Dakota Johnson pulled on her comedy roots this weekend for her first Saturday Night Live hosting gig.
The star of the erotic romance novel-turned-film joked in her monologue that “I have a feeling at next year’s Oscars, [Fifty Shades] is going to be … not anywhere.” The actress also once again begged her mother Melanie Griffith to see the film.
The episode, featuring musical guest Alabama Shakes, also showed Johnson in a contentious parody of a Toyota Camry ad, in which she plays a fresh high school graduate heading off to join ISIS.
Watch her opening monologue below:
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com