Astronaut Terry Virts tweeted a tribute to the late actor Leonard Nimoy from outer space.
Virts, an astronaut currently aboard the International Space Station, photographed the “Live Long and Prosper” hand salute that Nimoy made famous as Spock on Star Trek, framed by the coastline of Nimoy’s home state, Massachusetts.
The actor passed away on Friday aged 83.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science