Leonard Nimoy, who played Mr. Spock on the original Star Trek series, died Feb. 27 at the age of 83.
One of the most touching tributes to hit social media after Nimoy’s wife confirmed his death was from Zachary Quinto, the actor who has played Spock in the last two Star Trek reboot films, Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness.
The two once starred in an Audi commercial together as friendly adversaries. In reality, both actors said that they bonded over playing the hyper-logical half-human and grew to be good friends. Watch the ad below:
Read next: President Barack Obama: ‘I Loved Spock’
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This