Leonard Nimoy, who played Mr. Spock on the original Star Trek series, died Feb. 27 at the age of 83.
One of the most touching tributes to hit social media after Nimoy’s wife confirmed his death was from Zachary Quinto, the actor who has played Spock in the last two Star Trek reboot films, Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness.
The two once starred in an Audi commercial together as friendly adversaries. In reality, both actors said that they bonded over playing the hyper-logical half-human and grew to be good friends. Watch the ad below:
Read next: President Barack Obama: ‘I Loved Spock’
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.