Leonard Nimoy, who played Mr. Spock on the original Star Trek series, died Feb. 27 at the age of 83.
One of the most touching tributes to hit social media after Nimoy’s wife confirmed his death was from Zachary Quinto, the actor who has played Spock in the last two Star Trek reboot films, Star Trek and Star Trek Into Darkness.
The two once starred in an Audi commercial together as friendly adversaries. In reality, both actors said that they bonded over playing the hyper-logical half-human and grew to be good friends. Watch the ad below:
Read next: President Barack Obama: ‘I Loved Spock’
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve