On Thursday night, a BuzzFeed post “What Colors Are This Dress” sparked a worldwide debate over one very basic question. It started as a simple question on Tumblr, then became hashtag #TheDress, and pretty soon, high profile figures such as Taylor Swift, Kim Kardashian, Rob Lowe and a member of Congress were offering their two cents. Even Adobe touted its software as a way of answering the question before U.K. fashion brand Roman stepped forward to settle the matter.
By mid-morning Friday, the Amazon.co.uk listing for “Roman Women’s Lace Detail Bodycon Dress Royal Blue” had been flooded with more than 140 snarky customer reviews inspired by the Internet meme. Here are funniest ones:
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022