Detectives from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department are investigating the theft of Lupita Nyong’o’s $150,000 gown.
The department received a call reporting the missing dress around 11:30 pm on Wednesday, the L.A. Times reports. Thursday morning, they were investigating around the London West Hollywood Hotel, but have not yet made any arrests.
The dress, whose 6,000 pearls made headlines during the 87th Academy Awards on Sunday, was designed by Francisco Costa for Calvin Klein.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy