Detectives from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department are investigating the theft of Lupita Nyong’o’s $150,000 gown.
The department received a call reporting the missing dress around 11:30 pm on Wednesday, the L.A. Times reports. Thursday morning, they were investigating around the London West Hollywood Hotel, but have not yet made any arrests.
The dress, whose 6,000 pearls made headlines during the 87th Academy Awards on Sunday, was designed by Francisco Costa for Calvin Klein.
Read next: Everyone on the Internet Wants to Know What Color This Dress Is
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief