Germany may have the fourth largest economy in the world, second largest gold reserves (don’t ask where it came from) and a celebrated sense of humour but they don’t have the hippest finance minister in the world.
Greek finance minister Yanis Varoufakis rides a motorbike, wears leather jackets, never wears a tie and petrifies Germany according to this video, V for Varoufakis, made by ZDFNeo, a German television channel that targets the 18-45 age group.
Greeks may wish Varoufakis had a greater impact than the video suggests but on Friday the German parliament agreed to continue to loan Greece money to prevent the country becoming bankrupt,
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022