Germany may have the fourth largest economy in the world, second largest gold reserves (don’t ask where it came from) and a celebrated sense of humour but they don’t have the hippest finance minister in the world.
Greek finance minister Yanis Varoufakis rides a motorbike, wears leather jackets, never wears a tie and petrifies Germany according to this video, V for Varoufakis, made by ZDFNeo, a German television channel that targets the 18-45 age group.
Greeks may wish Varoufakis had a greater impact than the video suggests but on Friday the German parliament agreed to continue to loan Greece money to prevent the country becoming bankrupt,
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time