The Internet was taken by storm Thursday night by a single question: What colors are this dress?
It all started when a picture of a dress began circulating on social media, and a ferocious debate broke out. Are the colors of the dress blue and black, or gold and white? Some say the former, some say the latter, and some see a combination.
Naturally, the sports world wanted to get its say in as well, from teams to the athletes themselves. We’ve rounded up some of the best takes here.
Dallas Mavericks’ Chandler Parsons:
Washington Wizards’ Kevin Seraphin:
Charlotte Hornets’ Cody Zeller:
Oakland Athletics’ Sean Doolittle:
Kentucky coach John Calipari:
UCLA’s Bryce Alford:
Meanwhile, various sports teams were all trying to claim the dress as their own colors, even if it didn’t always make sense.
The Dodgers went ahead and tried to troll their followers:
And the Suns flat out didn’t care.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating