As Downton Abbey‘s latest season comes to an end in the U.S., Masterpiece Classic has revealed the final episode was shot at an (unnamed) location from the Harry Potter films.
So a few cast members of the British period saga sorted the show’s beloved characters into Hogwarts houses. “I think Edith would probably be in Ravenclaw,” says Laura Carmichael, who plays Lady Edith Crawley. “I know people are going to want to say Slytherin, but she’s not that bad!”
Both Carmichael and Hugh Bonneville, who plays the Earl of Grantham, agree that Sybil, the show’s beloved youngest sister whose death had many fans in tears, would be Gryffindor “through and through.”
“Violet would have to be Gryffindor,” Bonneville adds, an obvious choice considering the character is played Maggie Smith — who also played Head of Gryffindor House Professor McGonagall in the Harry Potter movies.
Rob James Collier, who plays wily footman Thomas Barrow on the show, chimes in with his thoughts as well. And the three take it so seriously, it’s equal parts hilarious and magical. Where will Lady Mary end up? Find out by watching the full video at PBS.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org