1. It’s time to break up the NSA.
By Bruce Schneier at CNN
2. By prescribing appearances, sororities are contributing to a culture of segregation.
By Clio Chang in U.S. News and World Report
3. In Egypt, the U.S. still values security over human rights.
By the Editorial Board of the Washington Post
4. Bartering for eggs is saving giant turtles in Cambodia.
By Yoeung Sun at Conservation International
5. How does Internet slang work its way into American Sign Language?
By Mike Sheffield, Antwan Duncan and Andrew Strasser in Hopes and Fears
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases