Three Al-Jazeera journalists were arrested in Paris on Wednesday, allegedly for flying a drone.
The television reporters flew a drone from a park to the edge of the city, according to media reports. Flying drones without permission is illegal in the French capital, but the three are also suspected of having stolen the remote-controlled vehicle.
“One of the journalists was flying the drone, and the other was filming,” a source told Reuters.
The arrest comes during a week where there have been many night-time drone sightings over the city, though the journalists have not been linked to those incidents.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time