Three Al-Jazeera journalists were arrested in Paris on Wednesday, allegedly for flying a drone.
The television reporters flew a drone from a park to the edge of the city, according to media reports. Flying drones without permission is illegal in the French capital, but the three are also suspected of having stolen the remote-controlled vehicle.
“One of the journalists was flying the drone, and the other was filming,” a source told Reuters.
The arrest comes during a week where there have been many night-time drone sightings over the city, though the journalists have not been linked to those incidents.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This