The Suicide Squad has found its Amanda Waller.
On the red carpet at the 2015 Oscars, Viola Davis told etalk that she will be playing Waller in Warner Bros.’ upcoming Suicide Squad film.
Waller is usually protrayed as a government agent put in charge of the Suicide Squad. Nicknamed “The Wall,” she’s known for her tough attitude when dealing with some of the biggest names in the DC Universe. She has no problem taking Batman to task, for example, over and over again.
Warner Bros. had no comment on Davis’ statement, though the actress seems sure enough in her response. Cynthia Addai-Robinson currently plays the character on Arrow.
Davis recently appeared on EW’s cover and spoke about her work on How to Get Away with Murder.
Suicide Squad also stars Jared Leto as the Joker, Will Smith as Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney as Boomerang and Cara Delevingne as Enchantress. Tom Hardy reportedly dropped out of his role as Squad member Rick Flagg.
David Ayer’s Suicide Squad is currently set to debut on Aug. 5, 2016.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time