Toronto police are baffled over a “sophisticated” mystery tunnel uncovered last month near one of the venues for the Pan American Games, a sporting event that kicks off this summer.
Cops are so perplexed over who would have dug out a 33-foot-long underground pathway that on Tuesday they asked for the public’s help. “The individuals responsible for building it clearly had some level of expertise in ensuring its structural integrity,” Toronto Deputy Chief Mark Saunders said at a news conference.
No one was inside the reinforced tunnel when a conservation officer found its entrance near a pile of dirt in…
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023