Nineteen manatees had to be rescued Monday night because they got stuck in a drain pipe in Satellite Beach, Fla., the Associated Press reports.
A rescue team of police and firefighters worked with experts from Sea World and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission to free the the marine mammals, who were all returned to the Indian River Lagoon System, Captain Jay Dragon of the Satellite Beach Fire Department said early Tuesday morning.
Here is footage of the rescue:
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now