Another new Rihanna song has surfaced online, and it sounds nothing like her acoustic Kanye West-Paul McCartney collaboration “FourFiveSeconds” — but that’s because it’s not even for the same album.
While the pop star has been working with Yeezy on her highly anticipated upcoming eighth record, she’s also been pulling a Lorde and curating the soundtrack to the upcoming DreamWorks Animation movie Home, which hits theaters late next month. In addition to voicing a character in the movie, Rihanna has rounded up the likes of Charli XCX, Jennifer Lopez and Kiesza to contribute to that compilation, the first taste of which just surfaced.
Featuring a children’s choir and otherwordly atmospherics, “Towards the Sun” is a fitting introduction to the world of Home, which is based on Adam Rex’s critically acclaimed children’s book The True Meaning of Smekday about aliens coming to earth. Hear Rihanna hit those high notes below:
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out