“I was deeply honored by the Academy’s lovely tribute to The Sound of Music,” the film’s Oscar-winning star told PEOPLE about Gaga’s show-stopper, which became the night’s most-shared moment on social media, “and especially touched by Lady Gaga’s wonderful performance.”
The legendary 79-year-old star, who inspired a collective round of reverential “awww”s in the lobby of the Dolby Theatre when she took the stage at Sunday night’s show, then added the best spoonful of sugar imaginable.
“I have always been a fan, but last night we bonded and now I have a new friend,” said the star and noted children’s book author.
Even raindrops on roses can’t compete with that.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com