“I was deeply honored by the Academy’s lovely tribute to The Sound of Music,” the film’s Oscar-winning star told PEOPLE about Gaga’s show-stopper, which became the night’s most-shared moment on social media, “and especially touched by Lady Gaga’s wonderful performance.”
The legendary 79-year-old star, who inspired a collective round of reverential “awww”s in the lobby of the Dolby Theatre when she took the stage at Sunday night’s show, then added the best spoonful of sugar imaginable.
“I have always been a fan, but last night we bonded and now I have a new friend,” said the star and noted children’s book author.
Even raindrops on roses can’t compete with that.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This