Your post-Oscars slump is officially cured: We have word of free doughnuts.
Krispy Kreme is giving away doughnuts all day Feb. 24 to celebrate the chain opening its 1000th store location in Kansas City, Kansas. If you live outside the Kansas area, don’t worry: The freebie treats are available in Krispy Kreme locations worldwide.
Unlike Chipotle’s buy-one-burrito-get-one-later promotion or Qdoba’s kiss-for-free-food day earlier this year, there’s no gimmick here. Just pop into any Krispy Kreme store on Tuesday—the offer isn’t valid at grocery or convenience stores—and, if you’re one of the first 1,000 customers, grab a free original glazed doughnut.
Sorry, if you’re looking for fancier doughnut varieties, you’ll have to fork up the cash.
It’s been an up-and-down few days for the doughnut chain: Last week, Krispy Kreme apologized after a store in the United Kingdom staged a “KKK” sale promotion, which stood for the “Krispy Kreme Klub” but is infamously associated with the white supremacist Ku Klux Klan group.
Let’s see how much damage control free doughnuts can do.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org