Sesame Street’s latest pop-culture send-up is pegged to the premiere of House of Cards.
Inspired by the “Three Little Pigs,” Kevin Spacey’s character, the conniving South Carolina Congressman turned President Frank Underwood, is played by a wolf named Frank Underwolf who blows down the houses of little pigs to teach subtraction.
The pig theme is also quite appropriate given Underwood’s love of barbecue ribs and Congress’s penchant for pork (historically).
Of course, the irony here is that the Netflix show is too dark for Sesame Street’s audience, unless we count parents.
Season 3 of House of Cards will be available for streaming on Feb. 27.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time