Five American photographers are in the running to win this year’s Professional Photographer of the Year title at the Sony World Photography Awards.
Getty Images’ John Moore, Aristide Economopoulos, Lisa Krantz, Kerry Mansfield and Jassen Todorov are among the dozens of photographers to have been short-listed for the competition’s 2015 edition.
Their work was selected from among more than 170,000 images from 171 countries.
The winners will be revealed at a ceremony in London on April 23, with the Professional Photographer of the Year receiving a $25,000 cash prize.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart