Fifty Shades of Grey star Dakota Johnson brought her mom, actress Melanie Griffith, as her date to the Oscars — but that date got real tense, real fast.
A red carpet interview with ABC’s Lara Spencer started off uncomfortable — watch Johnson wince as Spencer calls her Griffith’s “little girl” — and quickly escalated into an excruciatingly awkward ordeal. Of course, Spencer brings up Fifty Shades, and the fact that basically everyone has seen it. Then she asks Griffith if she’s seen it.
“No,” Griffith says in a flat voice. “I don’t think I can. I think it would be strange.”
Watch above as Johnson grows increasingly exasperated with her mother in the ultimate “Moooooommmmm!” moment.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time