Fifty Shades of Grey star Dakota Johnson brought her mom, actress Melanie Griffith, as her date to the Oscars — but that date got real tense, real fast.
A red carpet interview with ABC’s Lara Spencer started off uncomfortable — watch Johnson wince as Spencer calls her Griffith’s “little girl” — and quickly escalated into an excruciatingly awkward ordeal. Of course, Spencer brings up Fifty Shades, and the fact that basically everyone has seen it. Then she asks Griffith if she’s seen it.
“No,” Griffith says in a flat voice. “I don’t think I can. I think it would be strange.”
Watch above as Johnson grows increasingly exasperated with her mother in the ultimate “Moooooommmmm!” moment.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer