Fifty Shades of Grey star Dakota Johnson brought her mom, actress Melanie Griffith, as her date to the Oscars — but that date got real tense, real fast.
A red carpet interview with ABC’s Lara Spencer started off uncomfortable — watch Johnson wince as Spencer calls her Griffith’s “little girl” — and quickly escalated into an excruciatingly awkward ordeal. Of course, Spencer brings up Fifty Shades, and the fact that basically everyone has seen it. Then she asks Griffith if she’s seen it.
“No,” Griffith says in a flat voice. “I don’t think I can. I think it would be strange.”
Watch above as Johnson grows increasingly exasperated with her mother in the ultimate “Moooooommmmm!” moment.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve