Fifty Shades of Grey star Dakota Johnson brought her mom, actress Melanie Griffith, as her date to the Oscars — but that date got real tense, real fast.
A red carpet interview with ABC’s Lara Spencer started off uncomfortable — watch Johnson wince as Spencer calls her Griffith’s “little girl” — and quickly escalated into an excruciatingly awkward ordeal. Of course, Spencer brings up Fifty Shades, and the fact that basically everyone has seen it. Then she asks Griffith if she’s seen it.
“No,” Griffith says in a flat voice. “I don’t think I can. I think it would be strange.”
Watch above as Johnson grows increasingly exasperated with her mother in the ultimate “Moooooommmmm!” moment.
Read next: This Is What Dakota Johnson Took Home From the Fifty Shades of Grey Set
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now