A budding friendship emerged from this year’s Academy Awards. Meryl Streep and Jennifer Lopez were (for some reason) seated next to one another during Patricia Arquette’s Best Supporting Actress acceptance speech and bonded over their mutual enthusiasm for Arquette’s feminist bid for equal pay.
Their cheering has already created an Internet-breaking meme — but then the two stopped to take a selfie. As Lopez herself wrote on her Instagram: “MERYL STREEP #oscars #oscarlegend #needsomeofthatoscarjuju lol”
Let’s be honest, Streep was probably asking Lopez for some acting tips after seeing The Boy Next Door.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization