Reese Witherspoon is sick of being asked who she’s wearing — so ahead of tonight’s Oscars, she called for journalists on the red carpet to ask female stars about more than their couture.
Using the hashtag #AskHerMore, Reese Witherspoon posted this photo on Instagram earlier this afternoon to encourage more interesting dialogue on the red carpet.
“This is a movement to say we’re more than just our dresses,” Witherspoon told Robin Roberts. “There are 44 nominees this year that are women and we are so happy to be here and talk about the work that we’ve done. It’s hard being a woman in Hollywood, or any industry.”
Fans are taking to Twitter to offer their support.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now