From one country great to another: Tim McGraw paid homage to one of his forbears at the Oscars, performing a moving tribute to Glen Campbell.
The documentary Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me follows the farewell tour of Campbell, a famed country performer (known for his rendition of “By the Time I Get to Phoenix”) who’s leaving the spotlight after an Alzheimer’s diagnosis. Its Oscar-nominated theme song “I’m Not Gonna Miss You,” performed by McGraw during the Oscars telecast, was co-written by Campbell.
“It’s not gonna hurt me when you cry,” McGraw sang, but some country fans in the audience may well have shed a tear regardless.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World