From one country great to another: Tim McGraw paid homage to one of his forbears at the Oscars, performing a moving tribute to Glen Campbell.
The documentary Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me follows the farewell tour of Campbell, a famed country performer (known for his rendition of “By the Time I Get to Phoenix”) who’s leaving the spotlight after an Alzheimer’s diagnosis. Its Oscar-nominated theme song “I’m Not Gonna Miss You,” performed by McGraw during the Oscars telecast, was co-written by Campbell.
“It’s not gonna hurt me when you cry,” McGraw sang, but some country fans in the audience may well have shed a tear regardless.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears