From one country great to another: Tim McGraw paid homage to one of his forbears at the Oscars, performing a moving tribute to Glen Campbell.
The documentary Glen Campbell: I’ll Be Me follows the farewell tour of Campbell, a famed country performer (known for his rendition of “By the Time I Get to Phoenix”) who’s leaving the spotlight after an Alzheimer’s diagnosis. Its Oscar-nominated theme song “I’m Not Gonna Miss You,” performed by McGraw during the Oscars telecast, was co-written by Campbell.
“It’s not gonna hurt me when you cry,” McGraw sang, but some country fans in the audience may well have shed a tear regardless.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart