Common and John Legend brought the house down yet again with a performance of their Selma theme “Glory.”
Two weeks after the song closed the Grammys, the rapper and the singer performed their song at the Academy Awards, where it was nominated for Best Original Song. After the pair’s performance, which featured a chorus marching behind Common and Legend and practically into the audience, several audience members (including Selma star David Oyelowo and Chris Pine) were visibly in tears.
The pair of musicians upped the ante, and ended up winning the trophy for Best Original Song just minutes later. Watch their performance up top.
Read next: Watch John Legend and Common’s Stirring Acceptance Speeches at the Oscars
Listen to the most important stories of the day.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space