Common and John Legend brought the house down yet again with a performance of their Selma theme “Glory.”
Two weeks after the song closed the Grammys, the rapper and the singer performed their song at the Academy Awards, where it was nominated for Best Original Song. After the pair’s performance, which featured a chorus marching behind Common and Legend and practically into the audience, several audience members (including Selma star David Oyelowo and Chris Pine) were visibly in tears.
The pair of musicians upped the ante, and ended up winning the trophy for Best Original Song just minutes later. Watch their performance up top.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time