When Beyoncé is working on a new album, she keeps pictures of Kim Kardashian on the wall to inspire her — that’s according to Kardashian’s husband Kanye West.
In a characteristically candid interview with Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club, Kanye said that Beyoncé takes inspiration from images of his wife because “Kim represents powerful women.”
He added that the two women love and respect each other, and have a relationship with a “LeBron James-Kobe [Bryant] element to it.”
That wasn’t all he opened up about. On the subject of Kim’s notorious Paper magazine cover, Kanye said representation of her body type is an important precedent to set for younger generations: “My daughter has a chance of being shaped like my wife, so … between this age and the age when she’s like that, I’m gonna be fighting for that shape to be considered the highest of class … or at least equal to what someone looks at a skinny model for.”
Kanye said he was surprised to enjoy the Beck album, which he recently criticized when it beat out Beyoncé for Album of the Year at the Grammys; he heard it playing during his dinner with Taylor Swift, he said. Meanwhile, he mentioned that he’s been meaning to call Beck about the incident, but just keeps forgetting.
He also noted that his next album is “80% done” and will get a surprise release, adding that the music will address police brutality — a subject he says he’s avoided based on advice from his father.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy