1. Hollywood’s diversity problem goes beyond “Selma.” Asian and Latino stories and faces are missing.
By Jose Antonio Vargas and Janet Yang in the Los Angeles Times
2. Shifting the narrative away from religion is key to defeating ISIS.
By Dean Obeidallah in the Daily Beast
3. Innovation alone won’t fix social problems.
By Amanda Moore McBride and Eric Mlyn in the Chronicle of Higher Education
4. When the Ebola epidemic closed schools in Sierra Leone, radio stepped in to fill the void.
By Linda Poon at National Public Radio
5. The racial wealth gap we hardly talk about? Retirement.
By Jonnelle Marte in the Washington Post
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk