Bill Cosby says he is grateful that Eddie Murphy rejected an offer to impersonate the embattled comedian during the 40th anniversary “Saturday Night Live” special. “I am very appreciative of Eddie and I applaud his actions,” Cosby said through a spokesperson.
Murphy apparently turned down a suggestion that he do an impression of Cosby during a “Jeopardy!” parody in the first hour of the Sunday special, according to former “SNL” cast member Norm Macdonald. Cosby, who was ultimately impersonated by current “SNL” cast member Kenan Thompson, has been accused of sexual assault by more than 20 women. Cosby has never been charged…
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science