Wrestling star Seth Rollins messed with the wrong late night television host.
A little backstory: Earlier this week, Rollins boasted that he was the most talented man in World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), or a future candidate for John Oliver’s “How is this still a thing” segment. The wrestling star, whose signature move is the “curb stomp,” said he was so good he could take his talents to the White House. Hell, he said he could even replace Jon Stewart when he departs the Daily Show.
His exact words: “I could take over as host of the Daily Show and make that thing actually watchable.” Burn.
Well, Stewart isn’t taking the threat lying down. In a video posted on Youtube, Stewart had this to say in response to Rollins: “Coming after the Daily Show, you just stepped in a world of hurt, my friend.”
“I’m coming for you Rollins. One hundred and sixty pounds of dynamite.”
Well, maybe not dynamite.
“My bone density isn’t what it used to be,” Stewart says. “160 pounds of wood…like a soft wood. Like a pine.”
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart