The 1990s rapper Vanilla Ice on Wednesday called his arrest in connection with a burglary “a misunderstanding” and said he is confident he will be cleared.
“It was blown out of proportion. It’s sad that good news doesn’t travel this fast,” Ice, whose real name is Robert Matthew Van Winkle, told reporters as he left jail, NBC station NBC Miami reported.
“It’ll all get cleared up, you’ll see,” he said.
Van Winkle was arrested and charged with burglary and grand theft Wednesday. He was booked at the Palm Beach County Jail and later released.
Furniture, a pool heater, bicycles and other items disappeared from a foreclosure property in the Miami suburb of Lantana…
Read the rest of this story from our partners at NBC News.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction