The Saturday Night Live 40th anniversary was definitely special. It had to be. But there was one thing on the cards that would have had people talking for weeks — Eddie Murphy playing Bill Cosby in the show’s iconic Celebrity Jeopardy segment.
The plan, which never came to fruition, was outlined in a tweet-storm from veteran comedian and SNL alum Norm Macdonald on Wednesday night, who described the writing and ideation process behind the iconic skit in great detail.
Macdonald goes on to describe the process of convincing Murphy to do the sketch.
And here’s why.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out