The Saturday Night Live 40th anniversary was definitely special. It had to be. But there was one thing on the cards that would have had people talking for weeks — Eddie Murphy playing Bill Cosby in the show’s iconic Celebrity Jeopardy segment.
The plan, which never came to fruition, was outlined in a tweet-storm from veteran comedian and SNL alum Norm Macdonald on Wednesday night, who described the writing and ideation process behind the iconic skit in great detail.
Macdonald goes on to describe the process of convincing Murphy to do the sketch.
And here’s why.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time