Ever wonder what happened to Vanilla Ice? Turns out between reality TV appearances and one-off gigs he’s been charged with burglary and grand theft.
Robert Van Winkle, a.k.a. Vanilla Ice, was arrested on Wednesday in Florida for breaking into a Florida home that is currently being foreclosed, according to the Lantana Police Department.
A pool heater and bicycles among other things were found at the rapper’s residence. “The property was identified by the victim at the location and returned the rightful owner,” a police department said in a statement.
Vanilla Ice voluntarily met with detectives before being taken into custody. The singer, who is renovating the home next door, claimed that he thought the house had been abandoned.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far