Correction appended, February 20
Four days before the Oscars, the American Humane Association hosted what is quite possibly Hollywood’s second most important awards ceremony: the Pawscars.
The award show recognizes the industry’s most hard working animal actors. And my, didn’t they look fabulous on that red carpet:
Crystal — a Capuchin monkey who has starred in films including Night at the Museum and The Hangover: Part II — received the Lifetime Diva Achievement award. Host Pauley Perrette (NCIS) dubbed the primate, who was wearing a pink ball gown with a pearl necklace, “the Angelina Jolie of animal stars” before awarding her a trophy.
But she wasn’t the only winner.
Best Young Animal Actor went to a trio of pit bull puppies — T, Puppers, and Ice — who played Rocco in James Gandolfini’s last movie The Drop:
Best Aquatic Performance went to Savannah the dolphin who starred in Dolphin Tale 2:
And Best Magical Cow obviously went to Tug from Into The Woods:
You can see other winners here:
No animals were harmed in the making of this award ceremony.
Correction: The original story misstated the organization that hosts the Pawscars. It is the American Humane Association.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State