Correction appended, February 20
Four days before the Oscars, the American Humane Association hosted what is quite possibly Hollywood’s second most important awards ceremony: the Pawscars.
The award show recognizes the industry’s most hard working animal actors. And my, didn’t they look fabulous on that red carpet:
Crystal — a Capuchin monkey who has starred in films including Night at the Museum and The Hangover: Part II — received the Lifetime Diva Achievement award. Host Pauley Perrette (NCIS) dubbed the primate, who was wearing a pink ball gown with a pearl necklace, “the Angelina Jolie of animal stars” before awarding her a trophy.
But she wasn’t the only winner.
Best Young Animal Actor went to a trio of pit bull puppies — T, Puppers, and Ice — who played Rocco in James Gandolfini’s last movie The Drop:
Best Aquatic Performance went to Savannah the dolphin who starred in Dolphin Tale 2:
And Best Magical Cow obviously went to Tug from Into The Woods:
You can see other winners here:
No animals were harmed in the making of this award ceremony.
Correction: The original story misstated the organization that hosts the Pawscars. It is the American Humane Association.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve