To whet the appetites of Game of Thrones fans before Season 5 debuts in April, HBO has released two deleted scenes from the show’s last season that feature yet more of the delectable sorrow and betrayal that have come to define the show.
In the first of the two Season 4 clips, Tyrion Lannister’s mistress, Shae, is shown shortly after he breaks off their relationship. Shae is approached by the dwarf’s sellsword, Bronn, who gives her some characteristic Game of Thrones advice: figure something out, or you’re done for.
In the second deleted scene, Daenerys Targaryen’s advisor and friend, Jorah Mormont, is shown riding away after his dismissal from the Dragon Queen’s camp. (Daenerys discovers Jorah betrayed her in earlier years.) The scene ends with Daenerys issuing a warning to Missandei, her advisor and handmaiden, to never to betray her.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve