In the decade between her last album and her appearance at Katy Perry’s Super Bowl halftime show, Missy Elliott has provided fans with only a handful of guest appearances and new tracks.
Now, on the remix for “Take Ü There,” the collaboration between Kiesza and Jack Ü, the side project of DJ-producers Diplo and Skrillex, Elliott delivers what is essentially a whole new song: not one, but two new verses packed with saucy pop culture references, plus a bridge that shows off her singing skills.
Diplo previewed the remix on Snapchat last week — and caused some controversy while doing so — but the final product surpasses expectations for a rapper who could have read the phonebook for three minutes and still excited fans with her activity.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022