In the decade between her last album and her appearance at Katy Perry’s Super Bowl halftime show, Missy Elliott has provided fans with only a handful of guest appearances and new tracks.
Now, on the remix for “Take Ü There,” the collaboration between Kiesza and Jack Ü, the side project of DJ-producers Diplo and Skrillex, Elliott delivers what is essentially a whole new song: not one, but two new verses packed with saucy pop culture references, plus a bridge that shows off her singing skills.
Diplo previewed the remix on Snapchat last week — and caused some controversy while doing so — but the final product surpasses expectations for a rapper who could have read the phonebook for three minutes and still excited fans with her activity.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization