Live from New York, it’s … an inconvenient scheduling conflict.
Twitter was noticeably upset that Saturday Night Live alumni Cheri Oteri was absent from the show’s 40th anniversary celebration Sunday, but the masses can rest assured Oteri wasn’t excluded for any personal reasons – other than her schedule.
Oteri visited Watch What Happens Live Monday night and explained her noticeable absence – she was a cornerstone of many 1990s-era sketches on the show – was due to a simple scheduling conflict that couldn’t be resolved until the very last minute, at which point it was just too late to secure her participation.
Well, it’s prosaic, but at least now we know there’s nothing personal going on between Oteri and the rest of the SNL crew. In the words of Oteri and Will Ferrell‘s Spartan cheerleaders, that would make us R-O-W-D-Y, and not in a good way.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy